[Rhodes22-list] Partial Mainsail

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 17:22:42 EDT 2009

8 - 10 is a perfect breeze for the Rhodes, almost the sweet spot for it.
The R22 gets it's power from the genny. With only 1/2 of the main and no
genny  you had almost no headway and certainly not enough power to come about.
Remember, this is only a 22 foot sailboat. Going out on it and expecting to
 be able to sail with NO HEALING is not what I would call realistic
expectations.  Almost every sailboat sails best with a certain amount of heal.
That's how you  optimise sail shape and make the boat go forward.
My wife was the same way. But, after all these years she has finally gotten
 used to the healing and actually likes sitting out on the edge instead of
cowering inside the cockpit. It will take time and your wife will have  to
gain some confidence in your sailing ability, but you own the safest  boat
known to man. Trust me, it is more forgiving than your wife will ever  be. :)
Let us know when you manage to put her under the lee seat.

Rummy
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377105x1201454426/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=JulystepsfooterNO115)