[Rhodes22-list] Rigging discussion, extra forestay(s)

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jul 28 17:40:34 EDT 2009

Thanks for the reminder.  That's a good pictorial of dual furling
headsails on the Rhodes 22.

That's similar too what I had in mind, but not exactly.  In
particular, I'd like to put the UPS on the outer stay and the furling
jib on the inner stay.  My reasoning is that I'll do more tacking on
the jib than on the UPS (working upwind).  Therefore tacking should be
most convenient on the inner stay.  Also, on my fractional rig, I've
got extra space above the jib attachment to the masthead.  This may
mean being able to hang a larger UPS than normally associated with the
Rhode sail plan on the new outer stay.  Not sure that's a Good Thing
and that's why I haven't just jumped on it yet.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA