[Rhodes22-list] My first question

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Wed Jun 3 12:07:16 EDT 2009

Assume your "28" is in your line after board is dropped??  We just let the board line run out until we hear the board-keel drop and then jamb cleat it. Try a close haul sail toward windward just before a point of luffing the jib and if boat "crabs" to leeward your board-keel is not down all the way. We have about 18" left in line after dropping the keel with a little extra slack to insure swing movement upwards of the keel in case we graze a hidden unmarked rock.
Sailed our '83 last weekend, its 26th season for us and looks and handles like almost new. Rhodes are built to last!!

Good Luck!!

Bigal  - Delmar NY