[Rhodes22-list] My first question

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jun 2 21:35:42 EDT 2009

John,
Are you talking about 28" of line?

Without knowing how many turns around a block the line takes as it
goes through the centerboard trunk it may be hard to tell. I'd have
to measure ours but 28" may be close. Our centerboard is direct drop
(no turns in the centerboard trunk).

I'm guessing that the only way to really tell how much your
centerboard is dropping is to have your boat out of the water and up
on stands or in slings.  It may also make a difference if you have
the so-called "diamond board" vs the standard centerboard. The
picture Ron posted is of a diamond board. You can adjust the knot in
the line so the board drops more or less but if you have a diamond
board and let it too far down the shape becomes inefficient according to Stan.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD