[Rhodes22-list] Question about forward lower shrouds

James Barron jbarron1 at cinci.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 22:14:41 EDT 2009

We hope to get some adivce about something we just noticed:

Our port connection for the forward lower shroud seems normal, but the
starboard side looks like it has pulled up.  Is that possible?   If it has
pulled up, how is it repaired?

We think that a recent storm had tangled the jib furling line with the port
upper stay and pulled it out of the spreader. Can't even figure out how
that happened.  We got that temporarily fixed, but need a new fitting for
the end of the spreader, too. So it's possible there was some unusual
strain on the starboard shrouds and fittings

Thanks in advance
Jim Barron