[Rhodes22-list] Jbconnolly

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Mon Jun 8 08:59:52 EDT 2009

Stan,

Thanks.  Not sure why it got rejected directly.

For the list:

My tiller is a bit "chalky" looking after five years.  The coating on it seems very thick, more like an epoxy clear coat than a varnish.  Has anyone refinished theirs?  If so, with what product?

The hinged cabin door is sun-bleached and blotchy on one side, also.  It is made of two pieces of ~3/8 plywood with a piano hinge and a wooden cleat (carpentry cleat, not nautical cleat) drilled for socket for the leg.

I would like the plastic door, but $350 is not in this year's budget.  I may just flip it over, but would like to refinish it.  Anyone done this, and with what?

I have the black plastic tracks for the cabin door as well as the white plastic tracks for the sliding hatch, already.

Jim Connolly

s/v Inisheer

'85 recycled '03