[Rhodes22-list] Jbconnolly

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 8 12:49:14 EDT 2009

Dave,
We don't have motor controls on the tiller but I
took a stock tiller cover, opened up the seams
and added enough length to it so that it would
cover the entire tiller including where the
tiller attaches to the rudder. I think if I had
the motor controls, I'd just buy some sunbrella
and make a long tube wide enough to go over the
controls and the cables if they are long enough
to exit at the base of the tiller. Put a
drawstring at the end and you are done. You'd
have to get fancier if you have to leave an
opening for the cables. I might consider grommets
and lacing if that's the case. Should be a fairly
simple project if you know someone with a sewing
machine. I can sew two layers of sunbrella easily
on my old Singer Featherweight. Sailrite has lots
of supplies and info about working with Sunbrella. (http://www.sailrite.com/)

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD