[Rhodes22-list] Jbconnolly

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:19:43 EDT 2009

I pulled my tiller out to refinish it this spring and found that there
was quite a bit of dry rot in the area where the through bolt attaches
the tiller to the rudder head.  I ordered a new tiller from Stan and
after drilling sealed the interior surfaces with epoxy.  Adding
several coats of varnish on top of the factory finish.

My boat stays in the water all winter and it's a pretty rainy climate
here so I've probably got a worst case scenario for water wicking into
the tiller through the mast head.  I'm going to figure out a way to
cover the rudder head and motor controls this time around.  The
off-the-shelf tiller covers won't work - will require some creative
trimming of Sunbrella.  Anybody done that?

Dave