[Rhodes22-list] yamaha 9.9 trouble

BenCittadino bencittadino at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 23:51:15 EDT 2009

Yo Jay;

The Susan Kay already has the "power thruster" (or something that looks just
like it). My rudder wouldn't still be intact without it. I love it.

The location of the crack on my motor is exactly where you describe yours
which has loosened the whole connection between the motor cover and the
bottom half which makes the tiller connection very hairy. I'm working with
my marina outboard guy (they have an outboard guy and an inboard guy, kind
of like an otolaryngologist and a gastroenterologist I guess, but more
expensive) on whether to repair or replace.

The stalling was definitely the gas tank vent. Maybe I can ask our old
friend Brad to send me one of those knee boards the pilots use so I can run
through a preflight checklist to minimize bonehead mistakes.

My best to "Judge" Baldi. While I was waiting for delivery of my boat last
year he took me out in a gale (no joke, a real honest to goodness gale) and
I had to beg him to just motor and leave the sails furled. He is one brave
(read "crazy") sailor.

I definitely need a lesson or six from you this summer.

BenCittadino

>>> http://www.rhodes22.org/list