[Rhodes22-list] Cup Holder update

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Jun 15 15:15:29 EDT 2009

On Jun 15, 2009, at 11:32, cowie wrote:
> in beer can holder.  The base of the can fits perfectly into the
> table leg
> base.  Note sure how much heel it would take to slide out but worked
> pretty
> well for me Saturday.

If the can is relatively full, it will tend to tip over at a moderate
heel angle.  Solution: make sure it doesn't stay full!

> During my sail back across the bay the wind died down to almost
> nothing so I
> played around with deploying the bimini.  I found that the boom was
> just
> about resting on the top of the bimini so I took in a bit on the
> topping
> lift.  Is this typicaly required to adjust the topping lift with the
> bimini
> deployed?

You did right with the topping lift.  Not sure I understand what
happened with the shackle though, my boat is not rigged like that.

> Another maintanance item I noticed is that my forward stay seems too
> loose.
> I can easily shake the furling headsail back and forth.

You may not want to mess with the forestay tension just yet.  It can
be desirable to have some slack, which you then adjust using the
backstay adjuster.  Tightening the backstay adjuster pulls the mast
backward, thus tightening the forestay as well.  You can use this to
adjust the amount of "belly" in the foresail.

Cheers!
John Lock