[Rhodes22-list] Cup Holder update

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 15 22:30:59 EDT 2009

Cowie,

Re. the bimini, part of the objective I put into the BR bimini, which I have often kept in place, sailing or motoring, is the two flat surfaces versus a curved surface of a traditional bimini.  I have sailed the BRB in heavy Chesapeake wind and water, and no significant effect, and I was looking for it in testing the design.  I mention this to suggest that it is smart to avoid/mimimize UV's even in heavy sailing conditions and have some covering over the cockpit.  If you trim or modify the fabric edges to minimize the edge 'wrap' you may accomplish the same results I have had with the BRB.  I have put one together but won't be testing it until late Fall in Florida.  The mod would not be difficult for most bimini designs.

Art