[Rhodes22-list] Cup Holder update

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jun 17 08:56:34 EDT 2009

Chris,

Tough call.  So many things to consider.  Time to get to the marina from
your house; time to get to a good sailing area from your slip; cost; quality
of marina and your individual slip; neighbors, etc.

Here's a good website with ariel views of most marinas:  http://marinas.com/

My boat is at Castle Harbor Marina.  Nicer facility than I need but the
price is reasonable at $1,900/year.  Quick access to the Chester River,
which is the best sailing area I've been in.  I only went through Kent
Narrows once when I delivered my boat, but if I were a cruiser I would use
it to visit St. Michaels and Oxford.

Herrington Harbor is nice with a huge number of sailboats.  You've had some
higher than average winds.  I think you'll find much less wind through July
and August.  If you MapQuest the time from your home to Herrington Harbor
and Kent Island, you might find there isn't much difference in travel time.
Keep in mind that there must be a reason why Herrington Harbor is one of the
most popular sailboat marinas in the world.

The Rhode River is very scenic and protected.  It is busy with other boats
and crabpots and you will get to practice more tacking.  Holiday Hills
Marina is a great value and may have a few slips available.

Good luck!

Lee