[Rhodes22-list] Elle's Photography

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Fri Jun 19 10:58:28 EDT 2009

Mary Lou,
Thanks for the memories!  I remember it well since we sat in a bar on
main street and watched them go by.  The Christmas parade in Blacksburg
is dominated by commercial entries, mostly car companies and real estate
firms the parade by with their logos on their vehicles.  It was Mark and
Julie's idea to enter Raven in the parade to help counter the commercial
appeal.  We tried to hitch a ride but they had a full crew by then.
This is in the staging parking lot before the parade.  Can't see the
lights, don't know if they are on at this point but lights run where the
tinsel is and they hooked them up to an inverter hooked to their
battery.  They threw candy to the kids as they passed through town.
We've been meaning to duplicate their efforts by entering Getaway ever
since but haven't gotten around to it.  Might have to enter our whole
sailing association into the parade.

I'm going to forward to Mark and Julie and see what their response is. -
rob

S/V Getaway
1976 Rhodes 22