[Rhodes22-list] NW Rhodes 22 Fleet Sail / Thank You

caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 14:44:18 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

This is a short note to say thank you to all who participated, and or contributed to our first NW Rhodes 22  Fleet Sail.  As you know it was full of fun, adventure and challenges which we overcame.  I think we are all wiser and better sailors for having done the sail.  I certainly will want to do it again next year, and I may be out in the sound again before the sailing season is over.

Jay and Julia.  Thank you for your thoughts and guidance in our planning, and a special thank you for your gracious hospitality to us of Friday June 19th. The meal you prepared for us was awesome.

Chris Geankoplis.  We are still to sail together sometime.  We have to accept the fact that it was not to be this time.

Dave Bradley.  We trust that you will be still in the Seattle area next year, and would be able to join us then.  Thanks for your input in the planning of the sail.

Steve Jacobs.  It was a joy meeting you, and sailing next to you gave me the opportunity to see a Rhodes 22 with her sails full and in glorious motion.

Dick Hinshaw.  Thanks for joining us on the sail, and I am still to see your Rhodes with a Dodger.  I"ll give you a call if I happen to be the Port Townsend area.

Greg Umbright.  Thanks for being my sailing teacher and mentor on your Aquarius 23.  Thanks for being present with me on my first ocean sail.  Thanks for being near to offer help, when needed.  Thanks for your friendship, and contributions in the planning and execution of our week of sailing.

Stan Spitzer.  Thank you for your beautifully designed, and well built boat.  People continually stopped and stared, and made inquiries about the boat.  Everywhere we went, our boat was a conversation piece.  Talk about pride of ownership!

I promise to send pictures later.

Caesar Paul