[Rhodes22-list] Cowl Vent

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:00:43 EDT 2009

Cowie,

The cowl vent should swivel so you can turn it into the wind.  Do you have a
nylon screen covering the ring?  If not, cutting one to fit will tighten the
vent plus keep out the bugs.

The vent should ventilate a triangular anchor rode locker under the deck.
Replacing the cowl vent with a fixed fan would prevent you from using the
locker.  However, there are some people on the list who prefer to lug their
anchor tackle from the cockpit.  If you want to join them, the fan vent will
give you better day time ventilation in the the v-berth.

Rick