[Rhodes22-list] Cowl Vent

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 28 19:01:32 EDT 2009

Rick,

Do you carry a sea anchor on the boat?

Re. anchoring in heavy water & wind - whatever works for you.  For me, I'd never get on the foredeck in heavy conditions because I can drop the anchor from the cockpit, anchor from the same bow cleat, never leaving the tiller.  Try it, it's simple and I feel safer.

I don't envy your experience on the boat today.  No fun when the boat is being tossed even without the sails up.  The kicker could be working properly, yet be non-functional because it cannot engage the propeller into the water.

Can you remove/install the bimini cover easily or in individual sections?  I'd be curious how that works for you.

Chow,

Art