[Rhodes22-list] Cowl Vent

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Jun 29 10:23:42 EDT 2009

It seems like everything I've read about deploying  Danforth or
Fortress style anchors advises against "heaving" the anchor out.
Apparently this increases the likelihood of fouling the rode or
otherwise interfering with the proper set of that type anchor.  You're
supposed to lower it over the side and let it drop straight down then
back down and set it.

Cheers!
John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22