[Rhodes22-list] re who builds the Rhodes 22

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Sun Mar 1 11:38:16 EST 2009

Ed inferred that I should be correcting List members re ownership and building of the Rhodes 22 sailboats to keep the records straight.

We commissioned Phil Rhodes to design the boat.

We therefore own the boat design.

We have always been, and continue to be, the only builder who builds this design .........

unless there is a buyer out there with  5 mil - after all, next month is 83 for me and don't ask what it is for Rose.

We have had, over the years, numerous boat contractors build the boat or parts of the boat for us but we could never get the quality we wanted so today we  mold, build and assemble every part of the boat in our own shop - and we are still not satisfied.    Maybe tomorrow.

ss