[Rhodes22-list] Welcome Patrick - You want a Rhodes

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 4 14:11:06 EST 2009

Hi Al, Patrick,

I am a first season Rhodes owner, living in Pullman WA, and the Rhodes is the first boat I owned.  After becoming interested in sailing, I went to the bookstore and bought a book, started reading, then started searching.  This search led me to the Rhodes 22, and I compared every other boat around 22 ft to the Rhodes, and the Rhodes came out way ahead of all of them.  It was somewhat flattering to learn the naval architect and experienced seamen came to a similar conclusion to this non seaman.

 As a "land lubber" for all my life, being non-sinkable was a huge selling point for me.  Being non-cap sizable under sail gives me confidence to experiment and discover, and  keeps me and my family safe and dry if and when we make foolish mistakes.

If you guys want to come to Pullman, WA, I will be happy to give you the grand tour and a sail on the beautiful lake Coeur D' Alene  in Idaho.

Thanks for joining in.

Caesar