[Rhodes22-list] Re hab questions

Sprocket80 sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri Mar 13 13:02:10 EDT 2009

Greg,

    Your rudder looks typical for a boat of that year.  Your rudder head
doesn't look too solid though.  I have attached a few pics of that
generation rudder.  My rudder head was solid wood 1.5" thick.  I measured
the head and made a CAD drawing which I sent to a plastics shop down by
Norfolk.  The shop cut two rudder heads from 1.5" Kingstarboard marine grade
plastic.  I could sell one blank to you.  If interested, contact me by
private e-mail "off-list".

Todd T.

Baywind wrote:

>  http://www.nabble.com/file/p22466908/Rudder%2Band%2Btiller%2B007.jpeg
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22466908/Rudder%2Band%2Btiller%2B006.jpeg
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p22466908/Rudder%2Band%2Btiller%2B005.jpeg
>
> Need advise:
>
> There is a little delamination on the tiller. I was going to fill the gaps
> and then paint it with topside paint. I will work on making a new one, but
> I need a temporary fix too get her in the water. Any problems with that
> plan?
>
> The rudder looks jury rigged a little. I was going to paint it with
> topside paint and bottom coat paint.
>
> How do I get rid of rust stains in the sail? Lime-away and/or lemon juice
> are my guess, but I want someones advise that has done it.
>
> Thanks
> Greg

http://www.nabble.com/file/p22500817/assembly.jpg assembly.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22500817/pintles.JPG pintles.JPG