[Rhodes22-list] So about the centerboard

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Mar 19 09:04:28 EDT 2009

Hi Lou,

Too late! Centerboard & trunk were painted by the time I took the 2nd
picture. Good idea though. Because our centerboard pennant is a
direct pull (no blocks or anything) it's easy to replace with the
boat in the slings. Take the old one off, then thread the new one
straight down from the top and tie it off to the fitting on the
centerboard. A little paint on the line won't hurt it and they'll
have to retract the board to put it back on the trailer. The last
time we replaced it, we removed the cap. This was easier. That was in
2003. The old line (this time) showed some abrasion around the knot
at the fitting. It probably would have lasted another year or two but
the timing was good.

Water temp on the Chesapeake is rising and is now up to 45 degrees.
We have a few other jobs to do before launch but we should be ready
as soon as things start warming up.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD