[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Installation

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 14:31:03 EDT 2009

Guys,

I have a bimini to install, and have noticed that some have installed theirs on the genoa track, and others have installed theirs on the gunnel.  I like the genoa track installation because you can slide it forward or backwards according to storage needs.  The gunnel installation requires drilling holes and  fixed fittings on which the bimini hinges.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different options?  How much does the track installation interfere with genoa sheeting adjustments?  Also, where can one find the genoa track fittings for the bimini?

Attached are pictures of the two options, one picture is Mary Lou's Fretless.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Caesar
Gentle Breeze