[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Installation

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Mar 19 15:01:04 EDT 2009

Caesar,
Note the difference in the length of the genoa tracks on the two
boats. Our tracks on Fretless only go as far as the winches. On Lee's
boat they extend way back. BTW, looking closely, I think his bimini
is installed on the gunnel not on the track. Our shorter track would
mean that the bimini was often (always?) in the way of the sliding
cars. On the Chesapeake, we are forever moving the cars as we shorten
sail or let the sail out. I think I've seen the fittings in catalogs.

There are also boats that have separate track just for the bimini.

Bary Lou