[Rhodes22-list] 1st Sail of the Season

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sat Mar 21 07:46:11 EDT 2009

Rummy,

When I was in the Army stationed in Germany, my wife dragged me to the
Weinachtenfest (Christmas Carnival), so we could buy one-of-a-kind Christmas
decorations.  You can buy the exact same ornaments at Walmart.

I ordered a beer and they stuck a metal tube in it.  The tube had a screw-on
cap attached by a chain.  It looked like some kind of fancy single cigar
case, or something that vibrates that you might buy in a sex shop.  It was
full of steaming hot water.  Now that might turn the stomach of an
all-American beer drinker, but on a freezing cold day, that hot German beer
hit the spot.  The Germans also serve heated Gluehwein (happy wine?) up on
ski slopes.  Not a great idea if you want to make it to the bottom of the
slope in one piece.

On cold days, I don't heat my beer but I don't ice it either.

Lee