[Rhodes22-list] Sailing home

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Mar 23 11:14:01 EDT 2009

Tom,

I don't think it's dangerous.  The most common injury on a sailboat is
sunburn, and since you're a dermatologist, no worries there.  The most
dangerous risk on a sailboat is drowning, and there's not much chance you're
going to fall out of the boat, even if the boom smacks you on the head.

I don't exactly think it's entirely foolish, but it would be a heck of a lot
easier to trailer it up.  That's a long trip and I suspect it would involve
less than 20% enjoyable sailing.  If you think of what your time if worth,
it would be more expensive to sail the boat up here than to have Elton
trailer it; but then you can't think of sailing in terms of money.

I probably wouldn't do it, but then you're a little more adventuresome than
I am.  With all of your camping experiences, at least you won't need to
worry about getting eaten by a bear.

Lee