[Rhodes22-list] Lake Hartwell Report?

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Thu Mar 26 11:55:42 EDT 2009

Rummy,
You getting any of this rain?? - rob

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of
R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 11:31 AM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Lake Hartwell Report?

Rob,

Thanks for asking. We received about an inch and a half of rain last
weekend. No complaints here, but the lake is still down eleven feet. The
USACE  has
closed the gates so no water has flowed downstream in two weeks. It's
going  to
be a hot dry summer unless we get a lot more rain. My dock is now usable
and
Tuesday I placed our Chaparral on the float at the dock and cruising the
lake
is  once more possible. Normally an inch of rain equates to a foot in
rise on
the  lake, but the ground is so dry most of it is being absorbed and
running
off into  the lakes and streams.

Rummy
**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make meals for