[Rhodes22-list] Ques. about mainsheet

jbconnolly at comcast.net jbconnolly at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 11:38:22 EDT 2009

This prompted me to remember my 1969 O'Day Mariner 19.  This photo is of an an even older one

http://www.iheartodays.com/files/model_mariner_2_601w_773h.jpg

Mainsheet ties to tang on end of boom, then down to turning block on corner of transom, across to opposite block, up to block on end of boom, forward to mid-boom block, down to block and cam cleat on centerboard trunk.

If there were two blocks on the end of the boom, you could rig as an inverted "V" rather than triangle.

Lots of line, lots of drag in light air, not much control.

Jim Connolly

s/v Inisheer

'85 recycled '03