[Rhodes22-list] new engine, power tiller?

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Wed May 6 15:09:42 EDT 2009

We hung a Yamaha T8PLH high thrust, electric start, 8 hp. on Muireann when we
got her last year and the motor's been great.  The controls are on the motor
tiller and can be reached easily while handling the rudder tiller provided
you're on the port side of the rudder tiller.  In fact, the captain's seat
on that side is the perfect spot from which to pilot under power.  Not quite
as cool as having the controls on the rudder tiller, but, on the other hand,
the controls are out of sight, so to speak, when the motor isn't in use.

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 R22