[Rhodes22-list] any reason to not sail w/o vertical batten

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Thu May 7 13:28:27 EDT 2009

Muireann got new sails for this season, but the new main arrived w/o the
vertical batten.  No worries, it's on its way.  My question is ... is there
any reason to not take her out before the batten arrives?  A little loss of
efficiency is not impt; I just don't want to harm anything.  My sense is
that I shouldn't worry about it, but with a resource like all you guys ....
why not ask?

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 Rhodes 22 #113