[Rhodes22-list] any reason to not sail w/o vertical batten

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu May 7 13:31:50 EDT 2009

Mike,
Go sailing.

Rummy

In a message dated 5/7/2009 1:28:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mikecheung at att.net writes:

Muireann got new sails for this season, but the new main  arrived w/o the
vertical batten.  No worries, it's on its way.   My question is ... is there
any reason to not take her out before the  batten arrives?  A little loss of
efficiency is not impt; I just don't  want to harm anything.  My sense is
that I shouldn't worry about it,  but with a resource like all you guys ....
why not ask?

Mike  Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 Rhodes 22 #113
http://www.nabble.com/any-reason-to-not-sail-w-o-vertical-batten-tp23431624p23431624.html