[Rhodes22-list] Stuffing the Anchor Chain Box

Mike Cheung mikecheung at att.net
Sat May 9 09:54:21 EDT 2009

FWIW I keep 100' of anchor line and chain rode in the locker, but only rarely
use it.  I keep 200' of line and rode and the spare anchor under the port
seat.  That line is in one of those fancy bags with clips to keep the bitter
end and the rode chain end handy.  That's the anchor I usually deploy first
(so I guess calling it "spare" isn't very accurate.  I find this more
convenient, esp. when single handing.  I just rig the "spare" anchor, drop
it overboard from the cockpit, and walk the line bag forward to tie off.  If
we're anchoring for long or leaving the boat anchored, I usually then also
deploy the anchor from the bow pulpit using the line and rode in the anchor
locker.

Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann