[Rhodes22-list] The future of boat building?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu May 14 12:34:56 EDT 2009

Rick,

If ya have to ask, well .... this stuff is an alternative to carbon fiber
product ($$$).

I just thought that it was a interesting material, maybe not for pocket
cruisers.  For those of us who remember the trials and tribulations of
getting the right mix of resins for fiberglass, this is a walk down memory
lane.  For Stan, it could be the material that never breaks down in a water
environment - a real disaster for a boat manufacturer who needs to sell more
boats to survive!

As far as saving energy, nobody has said how much energy is consumed to make
the stuff!

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY