[Rhodes22-list] inside or outside?

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Sun May 17 17:45:00 EDT 2009

Peter,
Thanks for the sober advice.  I know that any trip can be dangerous and
we try to prepare as best we can.
We do have a masthead antenna and a DSC VHF connected to a GPS.  I still
have to program in my number into
the radio though.  Don't have an EPIRB.  Interesting thought renting one.
I've already ordered Claiborne's book, and I've ordered the paper charts
that I didn't already have.
50 to 60 miles is probably too long a trip for us in one day.  Maybe
after more experience.
Funny thing about the weather.  It seems like there is never a good time
to go.  March is too windy.  May isn't quite warm
enough.  Summer is too stormy.  Fall is too hurricany.  Winter is too cold.
We'll keep our eyes open and try to stay out of trouble.  The goal is to
have fun, not beat ourselves over the head.
Best,
Joe