[Rhodes22-list] cross over stays

Gary Lockhart gary_lockhart33 at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 21:43:09 EDT 2009

My '79 Rhodes Continental has a conventional mast and is raised with the boat on the trailer using the winch, extender pole and pulley to lift the mast from the stern. I am usually short handed to launch and retrieve. While searching the the archive saw a reference from Stan about to using cross over stays to stabilize the mast during raising. I have been all over the archive and can not find any additional info about cross over stays.
Gary
s/v Coquina
Snow Hill, MD (soon to be in the water at Public Landing, MD)