[Rhodes22-list] advice needed from litigious Rhodies

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Nov 4 16:08:46 EST 2009

Rick,

1,400 pounds (or l,l50 pounds)

http://www.macgregor26.com/water_ballast/water_ballast.htm

is the same weight no matter if it's lead or water.  The only real
difference is that lead takes up eleven times less space than water.
Our Rhodes sailboats have 700 pounds of ballast.  The lower the weight
the more the righting capability but weight is weight no matter if it's
water or lead.  Water ballast works, it just takes up eleven times more
space than lead.

I welcome disagreement from the physicists and engineers out there.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  At Ease
Kent Island, MD