[Rhodes22-list] Flag placement?

david.walker5 at comcast.net david.walker5 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 07:43:56 EST 2009

Greg,

It depends on what flag. An ensign is traditionally flown from either a stern rail staff or the backstay of a sailboat. I have a wooden staff that fits into a baracket mounted just off center on the stbd side od the stern rail. Blocks and a halyard on the backstay work too and get the flag higher although the ensign sets a little funny in light/low wind.

You can lash or seize a block to a spreader to avoid a hole but the spreader is the place for a club or personal flag or courtesy flag while in another country

Dave Walker
Windswept