[Rhodes22-list] Best Stuff to clean your boat

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Nov 17 09:25:41 EST 2009

Wanted to second Bob's recommendation on Jomax.  I had pulled Getaway on Sunday and got her to the storage place late that afternoon and didn't have time to clean her that day.  I like to pressure wash the boat right after pulling so that the bottom slime doesn't dry out but didn't have time.  The Jomax solution worked great on the mildew and the boat looks better than it ever has.  I expect the 40% bleach in the mix had a lot to do with the mildew removal, but I'll take it.  It also worked well to remove the (now dried) slime from the boat bottom.  The bottom slime just cleaned right off when soaked with the Jomax and then pressure washed. Now it didn't do anything for scuffs, have to try something else for those. - rob