[Rhodes22-list] (new thread) Any Rhodies use Hydro hoists??

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at nyu.edu
Mon Oct 5 12:56:50 EDT 2009

Rummy

I know I would have to customize the aft  cross support so the keel
could slip in and out.  I would contact the manufacturer to
get the details on the best way to do that.   For my area the water
is SO polluted and slimy as soon as I launch my boat is covered in a
light slime..

Craigslist had 2 hydro hoists in my area for sale.  The thing is I
would still need to haul the hoist every few yrs to check the seals and
hoses, but right now I m spending over a grand a year to store my
boat on land.  Supposedly even with a good pain job you could leave
her in
for years at a time if you pull it out every time you go home.

safe sailing

Lou