[Rhodes22-list] (Humor) Chutzpah

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 09:53:14 EDT 2009

Chutzpah, a word of Yiddish origin,  means to display nerve or guts.  Here
is a better  definition.

THE DEFINITION OF CHUTZPAH

A little old lady sold pretzels on a  street corner for 25 cents each.
Every day a young man would leave  his office building at lunch time, and as he
passed the pretzel  stand, he would leave her a quarter, but never take a
pretzel.

And this went on for more then 3 years.  The two of them never spoke. One
day, as the young man passed the  old lady's stand and left his quarter as
usual, the pretzel lady  spoke to him.

"Sir, I  appreciate your business. You are a good customer, but I have to
tell you that the pretzel price has gone up to 35  cents."