[Rhodes22-list] Heavy Duty Tarp for Winter Storage

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 11 18:14:07 EDT 2009

Claude,

I really think the Sunbrella is a good choice, draped over the boom.  It will last so much better than the tarp material, which has a bad habit of tearing.  The Sunbrella should also be hemmed to protect the edge.  I'm making full covers, although very labor intensive, ergo costly.  Mast up does not create any problem I know of except somewhat more vulnerable.  Some will forego covering the foredeck because it will not collect debris like the cockpit.  Some relief is better than none.

Art