[Rhodes22-list] coleman heater

Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Oct 18 15:56:29 EDT 2009

I used a Glowmaster butane heater during the cold and rainy day (low
fifties) in the Gulf Islands this summer but only during the day to get
warm.  The directions say it can be used indoors with I think 80 sq inches
of open area for gas exchange but didn't want to risk it.  However, here is
a recipe for a nice hot drink we called "New England Hot Toddy":
Take a quart of cranberry juice and heat it up to just below boiling, add
maple suryp to taste, toss in some cinimon sticks (or into the glass before
serving) and add a cup or more of rum.  (Rummy can recommend the brand) pour
into a large thermos and decant later as medicinal needs require.  MMMMMM
good.  It kept me going on those late November sails on the Chesapeake.

Chris G
'83 Enosis