[Rhodes22-list] coleman heater

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Mon Oct 19 11:21:21 EDT 2009

My wife and I use a Coleman propane lantern in the cabin on cold nights it
has a single mantle and set to a soft glow in the v berth. Since the nicro
vent runs 24/7 I dont worry about CO and we shut it off once in the sleeping
bags. We have been comfortable in 40 degree nights with this set up. The
heat that comes off the lamp is sufficient to take the chill and any dew out
of the cabin. Also throws off a nice light.

John S

cowie wrote:

> I think a good down sleeping bag, a warm rum drink at night and a hot
> coffee in the morning might do the trick.  I might try this next weekend.
>

> Stephen Staum wrote:
>>
>> How about a good down sleeping bag?
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Oct 17, 2009, at 7:37 PM, cowie <ccowie at cowieassociates.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Rummy:
>>>
>>> That was the general idea, a little warmth in the cabin.  I believe
>>> these
>>> things are designed to heat tents.  Maybe a low level electric is a
>>> safer
>>> idea?
>>>
>>> http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/245831/377%20710/0/heater/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/0/0?N=377
>>> 710&Ne=0&Ntt=heater&Ntk=Primary Search&Ntx=mode
>>> matchallpartial&
>>> Nao=
>>> 0&N