[Rhodes22-list] Last sail?

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Thu Oct 22 21:49:56 EDT 2009

Went to the lake Tuesday after work , and stayed the night on the
boat.Woke up to a 21 gun salute,so that's what all these duck blinds are
about.Last year I asked the game warden about anchoring out during duck
season,and he said " It's as much your lake as it is their's".I said yea
,but I don't carry any guns onboard.He said "you might want to anchor near
the shore,instead of out in the middle of the lake.I threw out the hook
between the shore and Treasure to limit my exposure to the bulk of the
lake.Weather forecast said low 40's,but most likely didn't get below 45^F
. I took a spare battery and a 12v heater (that I bought at a yard sale
for a dollar ) with me for a test to see how well it would heat the cabin.
Let's just say,plan on spending more than a dollar for a heater to heat
the cabin on a Rhodes.The good news is I took a day's vacation on
Wednesday ,my brother took a day off of farming and met me at the slip at
noon and we sailed all day with winds 10-15 mph ,sunny and it got up to
72^F.Great day.

Jerry Lowe

P.S.:Welcome back Chris ,Any stories (and pics) of this summers adventures?

 Hellow quiet listees, and Mary Lou,