[Rhodes22-list] Winter cover Re: Last sail?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Oct 26 08:52:37 EDT 2009

Rory, We put a tarp on the boat. I've seen advice that says don't
shrink-wrap a painted boat. Can cause blisters in the paint. Not sure
if that's from heat or moisture but we've never considered it seriously.

We use a variation on Robert Skinner's PVC supports for a winter cover:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2007-March/039700.html
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200703/12/BoatCoverFrame.pdf

Here's a post I made last year that had pics of the frame for ours attached:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2008-September/054952.html

The tarp drapes over the frame and is held in place with a
combination of ties to the trailer and under the boat. We also use a
few bottles filled with sand as weights.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD