[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Variations

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 5 09:04:57 EDT 2009

Alex,

You brought up a bimini question some months ago which makes me curious about what experience anyone has had experimenting with their bimini configuration.  Bimini, the rig you love selectively - cover from the rays, rain, wind, but otherwise tough to contend with while sailing, maybe in the way for movement around and/or adjusting the boat, difficult to store in the off-season.

Has anyone adjusted their bimini to make it longer or shorter (bow to stern), taller or less tall, or easier to transport or store?  What is the best way to cope with access to the control lines for the IMF main?  Has anyone dropped a sun shade from the front, back, or sides?  Anyone know if there is a bimini with an easily removable top?  I have looked on the web, but haven't found much success as yet.  For us "mature" sailors there must be a way to make the bimini our friend.

You may have found something, Alex.  I'd appreciate any input.

Art
s/v Mary Jane
Atlanta/St Pete