[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Variations

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sun Sep 6 12:29:38 EDT 2009

Art:

I have the current General Boats bimini and love it.  My boat is in the
water at a slip and I keep the bimini in it's cover tucked under the boom.
It usualy stays in this position while I motor out of the dock area and then
folds down to the cabin top while I unfurl the sails.  Once the sails are
set the bimini opens up in a matter of minutes.  In a light to moderate
breeze I often leave the bimini and pop top open.  If it starts blowing hard
and I need to furl the main then the pop top goes down and it's more wind
than I want for the bimini so it gets stowed against the cabin top.  This is
my first season so I am not sure what winter storage will entail.  My boat
will get stowed in the boatyard on the hard and I am not sure if the bimini
will fit in my suv to take home for the winter?