[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake Sail

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Sep 7 18:27:38 EDT 2009

It looks like a few of us Chesapeake Rhodies got out sailing this weekend.
This was my third overnight trip.  Left Herring Harbor North Friday morning,
sailed across the Bay toward Poplar Island, then up Eastern Bay, around
Tilghman Island, up the Wye East River and anchored in a secluded spot
called Dividing Creek.  I was the only boat in the creek around 4 pm and had
about six other boats join me before cocktail hour.  The sail across the bay
was fun, small craft warnings with winds about 12 kts gusting to 15 kts.
Made my Cafe Americano early Saturday morning and had a pleasant sail back
out to Eastern Bay.  Tried to sail across to the Rhode river to see if I
could spot the other Rhodies up there but ran out of wind and time.  Didn't
venture out Sunday due to more small craft warnings but ignored them today
and had a great 12-15 kt sail back and forth Herring Bay before the rain set
in.  The map sketch below is of Wye Island and includes dividing creek were
I anchored overnight.  The second sketch are the other boats that quickly
filled the creek and the third sketch is a work boat doing his business
early Saturday morning as I left the creek.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25337355/01r-IMG_5350.jpg

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25337355/02-rIMG_0815.jpg

http://www.nabble.com/file/p25337355/03-rIMG_5352.jpg