[Rhodes22-list] Stern rail mounted chart plotter

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 00:26:12 EDT 2009

I finally got some time to mount the chart plotter I just had to have
last year.  I still need to figure out the wiring and install the
depth sounder puck - going to run the wires under the seat into the
laz and connect to the 12V auxiliary plug wiring in there unless
someone has a better idea.  This set up is perfect for viewing the
chart plotter from either captain's chair or the regular seat while
holding the tiller.  It can be swivelled as you tack or for a mate to
view.  It will easily pop off and mount in the cabin on the extra
knob, and if I get an extra wiring harness it could be used inside the
cabin as a chart plotter (or I suppose I could install a second puck).
 All of the mounting components are from Ram, and came off the rack at
West Marine or FiIsheries Supply.

Dave