[Rhodes22-list] Anybody out there?

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sun Apr 18 18:37:53 EDT 2010

Jim:

I launched Opus a week ago Tuesday and had a nice sail that afternoon and
also last Sunday.  A bit too windy for me today but managed to find some
things to clean up and spend time on the boat in her slip.  I managed to
take down the mast for the first time last week in order to repair my
antenna, the 3' section of metal whip came off, now my vhf reception is a
lot better.  I also took time to figure out how my mast head light works.  I
found two lamps in the fixture atop the mast.  One is a bright lamp that
comes on when I switch the "mast head" on that has a forward throw of light.
The second lamp, that has an aft throw of light, comes on when I flip on the
"anchor light".  This means that if I want to have my running lights on and
not a 360 degree mast light I should only turn on running lights and mast
head.  I can also turn on both mast head and anchor light without running
lights to serve as a 360 degree anchor light.  All good to know stuff.  The
mast came down within a leisurely hour time frame and went back in in less
than a half hour.  All while sitting in the water at my slip.  I am very
impressed with Stan's mast hoist system.  I also installed a St1000 tiller
pilot since I single hand sail most of the time and hope to get in a few
overnight trips this season.  Looking forward to more sailing.