[Rhodes22-list] shroud size

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed Apr 28 08:41:22 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,
I believe the stays are 1/8". We have a stainless flagpole that
fastens to the stern rail for our American flag. You can sort of see
it in the picture I posted yesterday.
(http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20100426/9712259f/attachment.jpg
- you may have to piece together this url with cut and paste.)

For our sailing association and other burgees we put a small block on
the starboard spreader and have a very lightweight flag halyard that
runs down to a cleat attached to the aft lower stay.

Are you talking about putting the flag on the back stay or on one of
the aft lower stays? Let us know how the shroud cover idea works out.
Our flag halyard works fine but the burgee eventually batters itself
to death on the stays.

Best,
Mary Lou